Panel Discussion and Q&A – Communicating Research & Evidence, How do you convey the relative risks of smoking and e-cigarettes based on what is currently known about them?
10:25 - 10:45
Evidence and Research
- Are experts communicating this appropriately and/or effectively and are there ethical questions?
- How should experts address the invocation of “gateway effects” in policy debates and in the media?
- How can experts engage more constructively with media reporting on e-cigarette science?
- Should e-cigarettes be viewed and judged as a “cessation product” or does this distort the picture?
- Measuring and reporting e-cigarette efficacy – are we asking the right questions?
- Professor Robert West Professor of Health Psychology & Director of Tobacco Studies - University College London (UCL)
- Professor Peter Hajek Professor of Clinical Psychology - Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Jean Francois Etter Professor of Public Health - University of Geneva
- Ram Moorthy Deputy Chair - BMA Board of Science (British Medical Association)
- Professor David Spiegelhalter FRS Winton Professor of the Public Understanding of Risk - Cambridge University
- Sarah Jakes Vaper - Board Member - New Nicotine Alliance
« Back to previous page